An ongoing global pandemic means more people are spending time indoors. Somehow the crisis has led people into connecting through social media platforms. Hence, an increase in the total number of social media users.
Between 2020 to 2022, the amount of social media users worldwide increased from roughly 3.6 billion in 2020 to 4.41 billion in 2022. (Source)
This trend offers an opportunity for marketers to connect with potential customers on social platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. In this article, let’s look at some useful social media content strategies that can help you win new customers in 2022.
1. Dive into Video Content
According to a HubSpot study, the minutes people spent watching videos increased by 85% in the year 2020.
How to make the most of social media video content in 2022?
- A good strategy is to go live. Live video streaming makes social media content lifelike. Also, live videos create a much-needed sense of intimacy with social media users. You can go live using pretty much any social media platform.
- Another trending video format is Instagram Reels. The short video format is great for getting quick visibility and engagement on Instagram.
- Since most social media users are looking for ready infotainment, you can do well by creating short and crisp videos that say a lot. For creating professional videos in no time, you can check out this list of popular video editing tools.
Social media video content is getting bigger and that’s why it’s the best time to invest in this powerful content medium.
2. Make Your Audience Have Fun
Being locked up at home isn’t the best feeling. And that’s why brand marketers need to work on creating light-hearted and uplifting social media content.
According to a recent study by HubSpot funny, interactive, and relatable content, as well as content that reflects a brand’s values, performs best on social media and will see increased investment from marketers in 2022.
Here are some tips to make social media content spicy and entertaining:
- Make use of memes and GIFS to make branded content humourous.
- You can use interactive polls and quizzes to get the audience to start conversing with the brand.
- Marketers can also experiment with social media stories. The temporary content format is quite popular with today’s generation.
Social media content marketing is about getting fans and followers to identify with a brand on an emotional level. So bring a smile to their faces or tickle a funny bone and it can work wonders.
3. Stick to Your Brand Voice
Another strategy that goes down well with social media users is brand consistency. Content marketers need to develop a brand design identity and a set of editorial guidelines for social media content.
- Train your social media team on the brand’s core values. Also, circulate the brand guideline document with all content creators.
- Make sure each social media post follows those preset guidelines for performing regular content audits.
- The idea is to ensure that the social media content should look and feel like it’s coming from your brand.
With most companies publishing social media content, you want to break through the clutter and create memorable branded content experiences.
4. Make Your Content More Human
In times like these when people are finding themselves wanting more human connections, content marketers must work towards making content more lifelike. How do you do it?
- Share personal anecdotes to make social media content more engaging. Tell your brand story or showcase the behind-the-scenes scenes of the company.
- Get real people to go live on your brand’s social media pages.
- Focus on creating value-driven and audience-centric content. For instance, you can organize ‘ask me anything’ sessions to have one-on-one conversations with the target audience.
- Organize social media quizzes and contests to make branded content interactive and interesting.
Try to focus on creating content that fits a social media format the best.
The ideal way is to work on your content creation intent and mindset. Respect the audience and know about their psychological and informational needs. Try best to fulfill those needs as humanly as possible.
5. Hack The Latest Trends
The trickiest part of social media content marketing is to get the audience to notice your content. But if you can keep a track of the trending content on the respective social media platforms, you can do pretty well on this front.
- You can, for example, check the trending hashtags on Twitter or the trending feed on YouTube.
- You can even check out the trending Reels on Instagram to learn what’s working best on the platform.
- Pop topics in Google Trends to learn about their relative popularity over a time period and in a geographic location.
- Platforms like Quora and Reddit offer a great deal of knowledge on the latest online conversations.
A peek into the current content trends, can give an understanding of the content topics that can gain the desired number of eye-balls. At the same time, you must tweak these topics to go with the brand voice and the audience’s needs.
6. Partner with the Relevant Influencers
The best part about collaborating with influencers is that they have a ready audience. Another big advantage is that online users have a lot of faith in social media influencers. Social media users see influencers as experts in their respective fields. How can you find the relevant influencers for talking about your business?
- Look for influencers who produce quality content in your business niche.
- See if their content aligns with your brand’s core values.
- Doing influencer marketing that gets results is also about tying up with influencers who have the same target audience as your business.
The truth is that social media influencers can do magic to a content campaign by giving a quick shoutout to your business when it matters most.
Over to You
Don’t forget that you are competing with many businesses who’re eyeing the audience’s attention on social media platforms. Try to be as unique as possible but make sure you’re following a consistent content voice. Use trending content formats to lure social media users to view your content and start interacting with your brand. Don’t forget to benefit from the latest industry news and updates. Lastly, shake hands with prominent niche influencers to profit from the exceptional content they’re producing.
This article first appeared in www.customerthink.com
Seeking to build and grow your brand using the force of consumer insight, strategic foresight, creative disruption and technology prowess? Talk to us at +971 50 6254340 or mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.groupisd.com/story