Influencers around the world are being approached by brands with generic, cut and paste style messages, without personalization to them or their platform.
43% of influencers reported to have never or rarely received a personalized message from a brand tailored to their platform, according to HypeAuditor’s Influencer Outreach Survey.
Alex Frolov, the chief executive of HypeAuditor, says: “We know that the best brand and influencer relationships are based on authenticity and meaning. This research has reinforced that, from an influencer perspective, it is so important for brands to strike the right tone in their communication to influencers, prioritizing personalization and clarity above anything else.”
What did the report find?
- 59% of influencers stated they would like to see a clear idea of available budgets and expected deliverables.
- 61% of influencers want a clear description of the product or service to be advertised.
- More than half (51%) asked for information on the company they would be aligning with.
- Despite the rise of social media talent agencies in the last decade, only 15% of influencers have opted to work with agents.
- In addition, more than two-thirds (67%) of the influencers surveyed who work with agents and talent agencies prefer to be contacted directly by brands.
- 40% of all influencers questioned stated that they prefer to be contacted directly on their social platform. Email communications remain the preferred method of 51% of influencers surveyed.
- On average, most influencers (37%) receive one to three messages a month from brands; most inquiries are about free product testings (for 33% influencers), collaboration on sponsor posts (31% influencers), and brand ambassador proposals (for 18% influencers).
- However, only one to two brand inquiries results in paid collaborations for almost 39% of respondents.
- A previous survey found 76% of Instagram influencers are burying hashtag advertising disclosures within the small print of their posts.
This article first appeared in www.thedrum.com
Seeking to build and grow your brand using the force of consumer insight, strategic foresight, creative disruption and technology prowess? Talk to us at +971 50 6254340 or mail: email@example.com or visit www.groupisd.com/story