“Page under ads” are types of advertiser landing pages that come up either as new tabs in a reader’s browser, or open behind the original browser window as the user engages with content on the site. As long as they can remain unobtrusive, page under ads don’t have to have a big impact on user experience. In fact, when aligned correctly with a website’s content and audience, interstitial ads can actually enhance the site visitor’s experience.
Page Under Ads: 3 Positives
- Page unders can provide longer form content, more involved shopping, or product suggestions.
- If the page under has a product or information the user is looking for, it may actually enhance the user experience, because product information may be easier to find than on a traditional display ad.
- Page under ads are better than traditional banner or display ads, because they do not get in the way of the content the user is reading.
Why Do Some Publishers Hesitate About Page Unders?
- People don’t like pop ups.
- Various forms of page unders can ruin a user experience, and the site may never be able to recover that visitor.
- The publisher might be worried about the number of page views that the user will visit and the time spent on the site.
Do the Positives Outweigh the Negatives for Publishers Using Page Unders?
- For publishers, page under ads add more revenue to overall monetization, and the ROI is worth it!
- The user experience is very important, and the nature of page unders is that they are built specifically to minimize interruption. Examples include placing the page under ad behind the initial browser window, or on a later page view in the users session.
- The page under ad will provide the user with more options once they have completed visiting or reading the current website content.
This article first appeared in www.advertise.com
Seeking to build and grow your brand using the force of consumer insight, strategic foresight, creative disruption and technology prowess? Talk to us at +9714 3867728 or mail: email@example.com or visit www.groupisd.com