Pay Per Click advertising can be a competitive minefield, but there are various tips and tricks that experienced AdWords marketers often use to their advantage. The good news is, they’re easy to implement and following these simple hacks can significantly boost your bottom line.
1. Get symbolic ® ™ If your trademarks are registered, use the relevant symbols to your advantage. They denote authority, add legitimacy to your products and build trust with your audience, signifying that you’re an established brand that means business, significantly increasing your chances of a click.
2. Include keywords in the URL Adding keywords to the destination URL will increase the relevancy and ranking of your ads, while also indicating to potential customers that you’ve got exactly what they’re looking for. Keywords that match search terms will also appear in bold, making your ad really stand out and be more appealing.
3. Optimise your Quality Score Keeping track of Google’s Quality Score is a great measure of the health of your campaign. High scores correlate with lower costs-per-click, better results and can actually make you rank higher than competitors that may have bid more than you for popular search terms.
You can monitor your designated keywords, seeing how they rate for expected click-through rate, ad relevance and landing page experience. Google rewards AdWords marketers that provide a great user experience which makes it easy for customers to find what they want. Fortunately, the Quality Score platform makes finetuning your keywords easy and achievable.
4. Get emotional Marketing is all about persuading people to make a decision, and understanding AdWords behavioural psychology can secure sales. Use emotive text and open up the curiosity gap. People love to feel like they’re getting a good deal, so if you offer a free trial, shout about it in block capitals. Or if you have a sale on, list the sale price next to the original price. Entice your target audience to click.
5. Optimise for mobile With at least 4 billion mobile phone users worldwideand with a half of all local searches being performed on a mobile device, if your campaign isn’t optimised correctly you’ll definitely lose out. Check how your ad displays across a range of smartphones and devices, and ensure your ad looks great across the board.
Embracing the simple PPC tips listed above will help form a successful strategy for AdWords campaign management, and your ROI will rise accordingly.